Cosmetic Composite Tooth-Color Fillers
Today dentists have several choices when it comes to the materials that are used to restore teeth that are fractured or decayed. At our Elkhart dental office, Dr. Snyder prefers to use composite fillings to provide you with a more natural looking, minimally invasive restoration.
The Advantages of Composite Fillings include:
- A more aesthetically pleasing option, since they match your natural tooth color
- They require less tooth preparation, so not as much healthy tooth structure needs to be removed
- The material bonds to the tooth, giving it greater strength, which helps prevent breakage
- White fillings are easily placed in various areas throughout the mouth
Do I Have a Cavity?
Tooth decay can be painful and unpleasant. Most people tend to wait until a cavity is severe and hurts – requiring extensive dental work, such as a root canal. Smaller cavities mean smaller fillings – and thus, less dental treatment over the course of your life. You may be wondering whether or not you have a cavity. Some symptoms of tooth decay include:
- A toothache or sensitivity
- Food packing between teeth
- Darkening of your tooth enamel
- Bad breathe or a bad taste in your mouth
- Rough edges of enamel
Dr. Snyder uses advanced decay screening methods to pinpoint cavities that may not be visible during an exam or with our digital x-rays. The goal at our Elkhart office is to prevent excessive, expensive dental treatments in the future.
If your cavity isn’t treated in a timely manner, it could spread deeper into the tooth or to adjacent teeth, requiring a root canal. We recommend scheduling routine check-ups with our Elkhart dentist at least every 6 months to minimize the number of fillings that you need. Call us today to schedule your visit with Dr. Snyder!
Don’t forget, we also offer dental crowns to help protect your teeth from further damage.
Don’t forget, we also offer dental crowns to help protect your teeth further damage.