Restorative Dental Implants
Why should someone choose dental implants over other types of tooth replacement treatments like dentures, partials or bridges? Dental implants can replace your missing teeth with artificial ones that have the potential to last for the rest of your life.
Unlike traditional tooth replacements, implants are designed to closely resemble the form and feel of a natural tooth. Dr. Snyder provides comprehensive dental implant therapy right here in our Elkhart office.
- Provide a Wide Range of Tooth Replacement Opportunities
- Enhance the Appearance of Your Smile
- Strengthen the Jaws and Support Nearby Teeth
- Have the Highest Success Rate of Any Dental Treatment
- Last for a Lifetime
- Look and Feel Like Natural Teeth
- Encourage New Bone Growth
Am I A Good Candidate?
Most healthy adults are candidates for dental implants. In some cases, Dr. Snyder may need to place a bone graft around your dental implant to provide adequate support. The bone graft is usually performed after an extraction, providing time for new bone formation to occur.
Douglas J. Snyder, D.D.S. offers both traditional as well as mini dental implants. The type of implant you need will depend on which type of restoration you are having placed.
Traditional implants can be used for most situations, but mini implants are ideal for lower denture stabilization or in patients who are not candidates for traditional dental implants.
- Single Dental Crown - Individual dental implant roots can support a porcelain crown, making the prosthesis look just like a real, stand-alone tooth.
- Implant Supported Bridge - Implant bridges are supported by two implant roots and can replace up to 3 or 4 teeth at once.
- All-On-4 Dentures - Implant supported dentures give you a tremendous amount of stability and omit the risk of loose dentures throughout the day.
Elkhart dental implant dentist, Douglas J. Snyder, D.D.S. performs your entire treatment right here in our office. We do not need to refer you to an off-site implant specialist or oral surgeon in most cases. Each implant is placed and restored by Dr. Snyder, making your dental implant treatment as affordable as possible. Call us today!
Dr. Snyder uses tooth-colored, composite tooth fillings - here's why: Require Less Tooth Preparation, Are Minimally Invasive, Blend in With Your Smile.
We are proud to offer Z-Systems Ceramic Dental Implants
Ceramic dental implants are metal-free Ceramic dental implants are considered holistic and hypoallergenic as they do not cause harmful issues in the body due to metal hypersensitivity or metal allergies. As the dental implant industry shifts towards providing healthier tooth replacement options, top clinicians are now recommending ceramic implants for the health-conscious patient.
- Because ceramic implants are more natural, there is lower bone resorption and inflammatory responses, when compared to those caused by titanium implants.
- Due to decreased inflammatory response in metal-free ceramic implants, there is no need for concerns of systemic inflammatory responses.
- Ceramic implants do not promote corrosion, plaque formation or peri-implantitis like titanium implants can.
- Titanium implants are more susceptible to peri-implantitis, an inflammatory disease affecting soft and hard tissues surrounding dental implants, that can lead to implant failure.